Skip to main content

Weird Dream


Last night, I was up too late. My brain won't make me sleep. My eyes kept on glaring and staring at the walls. I tried to close it but my brain snapped it open. I reclined on my bed while my back leaning on the yellow paint wall and grabbed my laptop. I kept signing in and signing out. What was the used? I turned it off. Darkness invades. I switched on my night lamp to give me enough light. Midnight came. I went back to bed; hoping and wishing that sleep will claim me and sent me to nothingness. I knew that snowflakes kept on falling on my window pane. Turned. Flipped to one side. Then, the other side. I heard my heater's sound. I heard my brain talking, conversing the other side of my brain.  I closed my eyes, but my brain kept on saying something which I could n't grasped the words. Turning to one side, I kicked my blanket away. I hid my face on my pillow and controlled my breathing.

Breathe.
In.
Out.
Inhale.
Exhale.

I was thinking about the blue skies and the blue beach while I was walking at the seashore and admiring the scene. Breathe. I imagined my feet touching the waves, playing with it while the birds flying across the sky. Breathe. I kept on thinking; picturing the scene of two lovers walking barefoot, their hands entwined. Breathe. They look so sweet and romantic. I could feel their love overflowing. I felt so good just picturing two people in such a sweet and wonderful paradise. Breathe. It made me smile and draw a deep satisfying sigh. Breathe. I heard melodious and lyrical voices. Slow voices. Tuneful. Pleasing. From mild to moderate- somebody was talking. A female voice. Kept on talking. Humming. Droning. Buzzing. Knocking at the door of my brain. Disturbance. Absurdity. I knocked it away.

Concentration spoilt. No more. Meditation walked out my door.

I sat on my bed, breathing continuously. Switched on the bedside lamp. Grabbed the unfinished "Twilight" book reading. Flip the pages, could understand nothing. Closed the book. Put it at the side table. So let the torture began. I avoided looking at the clock but I couldn't resist it. One o' clock was not hard enough. Would it be? Well, don't ask me. What else will people do when they couldn't sleep? Think. What would they think? The ten things that will make people sleep:

1. Meditation (Yeah, failed)
2. Open the fridge and eat sweets. (Fine, help me to gain weight)
3. Thinking about get naked on the bed(Nah- too cold)
4. Stars? (No stars)
5. What about snowflakes? ( I don't sweat it)
6. Watch TV ( No shows..., only commercials on hot babes encouraging people to call 'the heat')
7. Hearing snores. ( Nobody snores)
8. Counting from 1 to 100 ( I lose the counts)
9. Thinking my mom, my dad, my sisters, my family and friends Nah- the verdict? Guilty. I haven't called. So, skipped it)
10. The walls and the ceiling. I kept on staring.





Then, I drifted to sleep. But when I woke up at around seven 0'clock, I remembered my dream. I was dreaming of being pregnant to a horse. Heck... I dreamt about carrying a baby horse inside my tummy.

Yes, horse!

What the heck?

Comments

  1. horse??? hmmm... we need some dream masters here.

    in my case, what will make me sleep is reading a book. any book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Pregnant with a baby HORSE is really weird. Yeah... what the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby horse? OMG. weird dream indeed.
    do u think it has any meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about playing chess against yourself if you can't sleep :D

    You had such a weird dream, try sleeping again and "correcting" that dream LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, natawa talaga ako dun sa panaginip mo... lolz!!!

    Of all the things na ipagbubuntis, eh kabayo pa talaga ang sumapi sa'yo..hehe

    Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha..horse? weird dream ...hey i am back again and promise to update my blog.. and don't worry about the thing that we are talking about..i will do it...just keep reminding me ok..miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh what a dream!!! now that is weird

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that dream is the perfect start for the female version of Equus. Keep writing, you have a future as a theatre playwriter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. But it is just a story, you know, I'm quite sure that Peter Shaffer didn't got any fascination either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. diba winter ngyn? super lamig---at free na aircon? why do you still have a hard time sleeping? Kung ako siguro dyan para nakong mantikang tulog sa lamig~~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok Mys, this is a strange dream..Could it be the result of your late chocolate snack? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm, pregnant to a horse--medyo weird nga...he! he!

    hoping for sweet dreams for you tonight! ;) *CHEERS*

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello fren..
    long time no see huh..miz ur poem so much..he3 :)

    btw, i alreday read ur latest post..1st, u couldn't sleep..and secondly when u sleep suddenly u got a weired dream..huh..I think u have a lots of problem right now..u think a lot..n maybe u are not happy...
    am i right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. try washing your feet with luke warm water

    and pregnant with a horse baby..pony??
    lolz..what the heck were you reading that day girl..

    waiting for you
    http://dewdropandleaves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. one true wierd thing.
    a horse bravo u called this a dream i thought of it as a nightmare that will keep me awake for a long long time

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's weird :D happy weekend:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. i had those sleepless nights too and when i have it, i just pray and the next thing i know, i'm up the next morning not finishing my prayer.

    you had a weird dream, Jo. but it's really funny. some dreams are truly weird. i had those too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak and Be Heard, Let say; Hmmn?

Popular posts from this blog

Romance vs. Reality

The first time I set my eyes upon him, I thought it was "Love at first sight". Geezz, geezz... that was I thought. Ahh, well? Who would not? Hot, gorgeous, Oh crap- tantalizing eyes that took my breath away. And, lips that could launch thousand lips (tsek!tsek!) Butterflies in my stomach (flipping inside and out), Heart beats like a tambourine (tsug! tsug!) and I can't take my eyes off him (whatta me?) Huh? The worse thing about Italians, they know that they are at the top attractive people on earth, according to the study of "Whose the most good looking, gorgeous hot specimen on earth". In the book "Eat, Pray and Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, she described Italian as "Devishly attractive, Cruelly handsome and surprisingly muscular" (wow) And yes, I truly admit whole heartedly that I was once a victim of such cruelly handsome Italian guy (too cool to be real, as a matter of fact). But yeah, I was and yes too bad! Yo

Call of the Wild

Pretty sure, you've seen them (You may noticed I used "her/him"pronoun-instead of "it". I would like to think that they are part of this universe too, alive and kicking (not just another kinda of thing) . When I took a visit at the Toronto Zoo, they seemed so excited to see me. I couldn't stop clicking my camera, they were so lovable. If I could come inside and hug them (Yeah--,and they're going to eat me- lol!) The Camel (With a Vow) Matchie's Tree Kangaroo ( he ate something when i took this) he was sleeping but i sneaked in.... Santa's Reindeer (on the loose from Santa's grip) Przewalski's Horse (The Mongolian wild horse), is the only wild horse in existence today. Until recently,this species roamed the mountains and deserts of Central Asia- but has not been seen in the wild since 1968. Just give him Banana, he seems fine with that!  The Zebra (At last...) when i took a pic

The Rights of Women

...in simple terms, let's analyze and scrutinize all of these rights one by one..., you may be against or may agree with me, but well? i was reading this book, (very very very old book, 1976- yah! too old), 'how to be an assertive, not aggressive woman'. 1. the right to have rights and stand up for them (oh yes, women need this!) 2. the right to dignity and self-respect (every woman do) 3. the right to consider your own needs (yes, in proper perspectives) 4. the right to self-fulfillment (too brainy is not that bad, ehh?) 5. the right to accept challenges (so, i have a right to take risk, make mistakes, and learn from every life's challenges) Sounds cool! 6. the right to determine your own life-style (so, i don't have to apologize or to explain why I'm still single?) Hmnn-- 7. the right to change yourself, your behaviour, values, life situations ( well...? i don't have to feel guilty if i'm unpredictable or erratic?- okay, scapegoat- (heh